Applying for a Grant
We ask each organization to carefully review the Foundation’s Mission and Guiding Principles, and our grants program descriptions prior to applying for a grant. As you might expect, the Foundation receives more applications than we are able to fund in any one year, meaning that a number of proposals which fall within the description of the Foundation’s grants program may not be selected for funding.
If you are unsure if your project fits within our guidelines, or if you have not spoken with a Program Staff member, please email a brief description of the project to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will contact you within 60 days of your inquiry.
Funding Focus by Region
The Foundation generally does not make grants in support of:
- Organizations located outside West Virginia or Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Organizations not exempt from taxation under Internal Revenue Code
- Student aid, fellowships, or travel
- Construction or equipment
- Ongoing operating expenses
- National organizations
- Biomedical research
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Individual elementary and secondary schools
- Annual appeals or membership drives
- Conferences, films, books, and audio-visual productions, unless an integral part of a Foundation-supported program
Upon review of the information listed above, submit your application using the Foundation’s online grant application process.
The Foundation does not have submission deadlines and applications are accepted throughout the year.