COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT.Improving capabilities of leaders, organizations, and interested citizens to address challenges and opportunities will help communities be more prosperous through their own efforts.
The Benedum Foundation promotes the economic well-being and quality of life of West Virginia communities. Current specific areas of interest include:
- Activities that engage diverse groups of citizens in the life of the community.
- Efforts that help communities organize, plan, and implement ambitious but achievable improvement strategies.
- Leadership development.
- Programs that improve the effectiveness and accountability of nonprofit and public organizations.
- Efforts to expand technology access, affordability, and utilization.
- Activities that provide decent, safe, and affordable housing through home construction, repair, financing, and education programs.